La Pobla de Massaluca
The northern border of La Pobla de Massaluca is marked by the river Matarranya, affected by the end of the Riba-roja reservoir. Here is the only river harbor in the Terra Alta, connected with the river Ebro, where you can do all kinds of water activities. The town is in an area with a privileged view of the different crops: vineyards, almond trees and olive trees. It also conserves various porches and some buildings that are noted for the architectural elements that remain..
Walking around the town
The village has different porches and some houses that are outstanding for the architectural elements that remain. The houses on the High Street are one example. At the end of this street is the Parochial Church of Sant Antoni, the late Gothic building that was finally built in 1608. Travelling along the street next to the swimming pools one gets to the hermitage of Santa Madrona, from which one has magnificent view of the Terra Alta..
- Local festivals of Sant Antoni. It is celebrated the weekend closest to 17 th January.
- Procession to the hermitage of Berrús, on the second Saturday after Easter.
- Summer festivals. It is celebrated around 15 th August, the festivities of the Assumpció.
- Almond Festival. In the second fifteen days of August.
- Festival of the House of culture. It is celebrated on the second Saturday in September with stewed omelette competition.
Town council Web: http://www.poblamassaluca.altanet.org