Ravines. Vilalba dels Arcs
Trenches line, which are kept close to 700 metres, which was part of the republican defense network between Vilalba dels Arcs and La Pobla de Massaluca. Many of original components still preserve, such as wells, shelters and huts or evacuation lines.
The "devees". La Fatarella
Rearguard position that was part of the network of protection of la Fatarella. The preserved shelter was built by the soldiers, who use it as a place of refuge and sleeping chamber. Above you can still see part of the trench line, in zig-zag to facilitate the defense.
The "Poble Vell". Corbera d'Ebre
Located at the top of the hill of Montera, it remains as silent symbol of the tragedy of this conflict. The visitor, when he goes for a walk in street rests and destroyed houses, can not avoid remembering the violence of bombing and the tragedy of about 2.500 people who lived en the town then.
Fallen houses. El Pinell de Brai
These houses of Pinell de Brai are examples of the state of republican rearguard town centers after combats. The population, of 1.800 inhabitants, admited Quartermaster Corps, sanitary and rest services, that's why it became the main objective for Francoist air force and artillery during the months of bombings.
"Mirador del Bassot". Vilalba dels Arcs
This sector of Vilalba dels Arcs, called like this because it had a pond that supplied water to the population, was the scene of intense combats between 25 th and 29 th July. Franco's troops of the 50th division resisted the republican hardest attack to the population that was unsuccessful, leaving traces of the war in a large part of the town, still visible.
Pàndols Range. Level 705 El Pinell de Brai
Known as the "Punta Alta", its height allowed for having the control over other levels of Pàndols, scene of hard fightings between 9 th and 19 th August 1938. The loss of this level, in 13 th August, didn't mean, but, the expulsion of the republican troops in the mountains, which didn't occur until 11th November.
Trenches of "Punta del Duc". La Pobla de Massaluca
Amid a privileged area, with excellent·views of the river Ebro, you will discover an fortified place that was part of defensive line built along the river Algars to protect the territory of a Francoist invasion. Restored paths allow for continuing trails of republican soldiers during more than a hundred days of battle.
Coll del Moro. Gandesa
On top of a small hill, located to the west of Gandesa, Francoist commands put·their observatory, from where it dominated all front. From there, Franco himself led the third offensive against the republican defenses in September 1938.
"Fort de Millet". Caseres
This fortification belongs to the defensive line of Algars, created by the Generalitat in 1937 to stop the expected offensive from Aragó. The place, divided into two spaces, includes all the elements that characterize these·facilities: an anti-aircraft refuge, galleries to put artillery, trenches and a water tank.
"Fort d'en Blario". Batea
This fort is another facility·that integrated the defensive line of Algars. In addition to the typical elements of these fortified places (shelters, galleries and artillery points), the space provides superb views about the spaces of the Battle of the Ebro.
"Memorial de les Camposines". La Fatarella
At the foot of the chapel of Sant Bartomeu, this space was conceived as a monument to all participants in the battle, you can find plaques with the names of corpses and missing people and an ossuary where there are rests of soldiers that, even today, appear in the territory.
Located in the middle of the current route of the Greenway, in 1938 the railway station of Bot was the last stop of national retinue that carried troops and materials to feed the front of the Ebro.