Bot is located on the bank of the Canaletes river, in the middle of the region. It is an predominantly agricultural town with wines, included in DO (certificate of origin) Terra Alta, oils included in certificate of origin Terra Alta, and almonds. Due to its geographical location, halfway between Pàndols and Cavalls mountains, Bot is a good starting point to do numerous mountain trips that offers spectacular landscape.
Walking around the town
By the streets of the town we can find several stately mansions with
an important architectural value. It is importantSant Blai parish church of 17th century of Gothic and Renaissance style
. The town conserves the Templars’ Cross built around the 12th century..
- Sant Antoni. Oil Festival. Weekend closest to January 17 th January.
- Local Winter Festivals. They are celebrated from 2 th to 5 th February in honor of Sant Blai, Candelera, Sant Blaiet and Santa Àgueda.
- Sant Josep is celebrated on 19 th March with the traditional pilgrimage to the chapel and brotherhood lunch.
- Sant Cristòfol is celebrated on the Saturday after 10 th July, with a blessing of vehicles, a brotherhood dinner and a great evening event in the village square..
- Local Summer Festivals are celebrated 14, 15 and 16 th August in honor of the Mare de Déu. They include a pilgrimage to the Sant Josep chapel , with a popular breakfast.
Town council Web: http://www.bot.altanet.org