The charm of Arnes comes from its special orography, where there are mountain and plain. The municipal boundary is part of the territory of the Ports de Tortosa-Beseit, and in the flat end, there are two rivers: Estrets and Algars. To this, there is also a historical center which has been declared of artistic and historical interest for the fantastic medieval fortified town around the castle. Nature is one of the strengths of Arnes and it offers lovely crystalline water pools·to swim.
Walking around the town
Arnes is considered historical and artistic heritage and it preserves the original typical structure of a medieval town, with remains of the fortifications and the castle. Walking through its streets we can contemplate interesting buildings with Gothic elements, palace houses, arcades and gateways to the town. Also interesting is the well of snow of important medieval origin located a few meters from the town. In the town there is the Honey Interpretation Center, space of diffusion and dissemination of this product. Among the most important buildings, there is the town hall, one of the first Renaissance building in Catalonia, builded with rectangular masonry and the church of Santa Magdalena, of Baroque style, which was built on the ruins of a Gothic church.
- Saturday closest to 17 th January is celebrated Sant Antoni.
- In February, Sunday closest to Santa Àgueda, is celebrated women celebration .
- Saturday closest to 15 th March is celebrated the festival of Santa Madrona, with a popular lunch at the Hermitage.
- Between the end of May and stard of June, is celebrated the Honey celebration of Arnes.
- The 22 nd July is celebrated the main celebration dedicated to Santa Magdalena.
Town council Web: http://www.arnes.altanet.org